he’s got made the decision to snub him and move ahead along with her life. And through the entire track this woman is essentially saying the good reasons she’s got done this along with delineating the results thereof. As well as in the procedure, a couple is thrown by her of jabs at guys as a whole.
As an example, the track begins because of the line вЂњwhy are males great вЂ™til they surely got to be greatвЂќ. This is certainly meant to be a critique especially against guys in energy and usually from the observed ineptitude of males to effectively manage those seats.
The very first verse features Lizzo dissing some guy whom evidently she just dumped.
Her rationale for doing this appears to be which he had not been severe. as well as in the procedure, based on her, he destroyed a вЂњbad bi*chвЂќ who was simply willing to help him be successful.
The verse that is second some animosity that existed amongst the two of these. This basically means, her ex deliberately attempted to harm Lizzo by вЂbreaking her heartвЂ™. But she asserts that she had been never ever emotionally-vested when you look at the place that is first the idea to become that susceptible. Then she insinuates her his вЂњside chickвЂќ, which of course she did not appreciate that he was trying to make. Therefore now Lizzo is reveling when you look at the known undeniable fact that the homey is вЂњback with (his) bi*chвЂќ and that sheвЂ™s yet again solitary. Put another way, this woman is maybe perhaps not perspiring wedding at this time.
In reality her passions appear to have currently shifted onto to 1 of her exвЂ™s homeboys.
Chorus and Bridge
Meanwhile the chorus weaves a tale that is brief of evidently wanting to dump her via text, that is one thing all over again she failed to appreciate. Therefore Lizzo has made a decision to ignore him. In reality she now features a вЂњnew manвЂќ that is a user regarding the вЂњMinnesota VikingsвЂќ вЂ“ a professional soccer group вЂ“ who she claims is вЂњmore excitingвЂќ than her ex. This needless to say will вЂhurtвЂ™ him, but as of this point, she doesnвЂ™t appear to really care.
As a result, the bridge consist of Lizzo fundamentally mocking her ex within the feeling him and has no intention of looking back that she has unexpectedly excommunicated.
Although the man this track will be based upon might not have obliterated LizzoвЂ™s heart, it’s apparent which he caused her some amount of psychological disquiet. However now it is extremely he who’s in pain as a result of learning the вЂњtruthвЂќ, which will be in herself to progress in life without him that she is confident enough. Thus the name regarding the song вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ!
Factual statements about вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ
- Lizzo published вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ alongside three other noted songwriters. They’ve been: Ricky Reed, Jesse Saint John and Steven Cheung.
- The songвЂ™s co-writer Ricky Reed additionally managed production regarding the track.
- Lizzo formally released вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ on 19 2017 september.
- Though at first released as an individual maybe perhaps maybe not connected with any record, вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ happens to be included with the sound recording regarding the NetflixвЂ™s 2019 romantic comedy movie anyone Great. It’s also played during one of many most-memorable scenes associated with the film. In fact вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ plus the movie somebody Great are derived from comparable themes of recuperating from heartbreak.
- A viral social-media phenomenon dubbed the DNA Test Challenge, which is based on a line from the track, began dominating the popular TikTok android application over a year and-a-half after the release ofвЂњTruth Hurts. This event made the track much more famous.
вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ won Lizzo a Grammy during the Grammys that is 62nd in вЂњBest Pop Solo EfficiencyвЂќ category. In winning that category, she overcome the following tracks:
- Taylor SwiftвЂ™s вЂњYou Want To Calm DownвЂњ
- Billie EilishвЂ™s вЂњBad ManвЂќ
- Ariana GrandeвЂ™s вЂњ7 RingsвЂќ
- BeyoncГ©вЂ™s вЂњSpiritвЂњ